verse of the day

Thursday 11 August 2016

March on. [ 1 Corinthians 1 v26-31]

It was the time of the Judges,where we read,'everyone did as he saw fit'[21v25],unfortunately,this led the nation continually to go astray ,which means they did evil in the eyes of the Lord. The result was the Lord punished them,and caused their enemies to rule over them,and they oppressed them,then after a period of time they came to their senses ,they then cried out to the Lord for help,and He raised up leaders who laid them to victory. These leaders were mainly men,but there was one exception
Deborah[chap  4-5],who was a prophetess.The result was ,their enemies were defeated,and when the battle was over,she and a man called Barak sang a song of victory.One line of that song struck me as interesting,it reads
O my soul, march on in strength[Judges 5 v21].These words came  as a 
challenge to me,and I hope to you,consider again who was singing these words, Deborah  a women.That was going against the trend,where men lead
,yet God will use whom He will,be it a woman,or a child,or even you,or even me. But, we may say Lord I am weak,but God says to us afresh,  march on in my strength[46 v1], and if do you will know the victory,as Deborah did.
                                        A  prayer.
Dear God,we are weak,but in your strength we can march on ,and be victorious,in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: