verse of the day

Friday 6 January 2017

We have lost all these famous people. [Revelation 20 v11-15 ]

2016: The year we lost all these famous faces, so read the headlines in the newspaper  I was reading. Now of course the death of anyone is sad, but whither one is famous or not, death will eventually come. But after that the
judgement, on that day it will not matter whither one was famous or infamous, poor or rich. God is not swayed or even bothered that a person is
whatever. On that day the only thing that will matter, do we know Jesus as our Saviour and manifested that reality.There the empty profession will mean nothing, the I did it my way, will be seen for what it is, empty yes that sums it up empty. On that day those have been the worst of people, yet had sought Gods mercy, and been forgiven through Jesus, will be saved. Much to the surprise of the religious crowd, for lets be honest ,being religious can mean very little, no ,only those who have been brought ,into a right relationship,will be welcomed into Gods heaven. When one goes into a shop to purchase something they examine the money note you offer for payment , to see if it genuine or counterfeit, so it is on that  day, the genuine and the counterfeit will be separated by Jesus. That is why it is so important to be ready, for that time when we will die, for the fact is we are all going to die.

                         Out of my bondage, sorrow and night,
                         Jesus I come, Jesus, I come.
                         into Thy freedom, gladness and light ,
                         Jesus I come to Thee.
                         Out of my sickness into Thy  health,
                         Out of my want and into Thy wealth,
                         Out of my sin and into Thyself,
                         Jesus I come to Thee.

                         Out of the fear and dread of the tomb,
                         Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come.
                         Into the joy and light of Thy home,
                         Jesus, I come to Thee.
                         Out of the depths of ruin untold,
                         into the peace of Thy sheltering fold,
                         Ever Thy glorious face to behold,
                         Jesus ,I come to Thee.
                          [Words --W.T.Sleeper]
                           

No comments: