verse of the day

Thursday 2 March 2017

Immanuel Kant [ 1 Corinthians 1 v26 - 31]

My son showed me a quote by Immanuel Kant ,the question is who was Immanuel Kant?. Well I look looked at a web site , he was a Prussian, born 1724 died 1804,and had a religious background. He turned out to be one of the major Philosophers of all time,now philosophy is a study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence.I must confess I have a very limited knowledge of Kant, but he appears to not to be tied to any limitations in his thoughts. And so as to his concept of God and humanity, he will form his own opinions, he wrote many books one was called,'' The Christian religion is a natural religion''. well as  a Christian I do not accept that, was he a Christian?, what I do believe that a Christian is one who only accepts what God has revealed in his word, and it appears to me that Kant was not willing to do that. He said many interesting things one thing for sure, one would not find salvation in his writings, please bear that in mind.I come back to that quote my son showed me, it reads,''The existence of the Bible is a book for the people, it is the greatest benefit which the human race has ever experienced. Every attempt to belittle it, is a crime against humanity''. What Kant meant, I am not sure, as with much that he wrote. but I know what its meaning is to me. The Bible is Gods word to man, it reveals our origin, our condition, our need of God, and the only one that can meet that need ,Jesus, the Son of God, and Saviour of mankind.

                     For the message of the cross is foolishness
                     to those who are perishing, but for us who
                     us who are being saved it is the power of
                     God. For it is written,'' I will destroy the
                     wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of
                     the intelligent, I will frustrate. Where is
                     the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where
                     is the philosopher of this age? Has not God
                     made foolish the wisdom of the world?. for since
                     in the wisdom of God the world through its
                     wisdom did not know him,God was  pleased
                     through the foolishness of what was preached
                     to save those who believe. Jews demand
                     miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom,
                     but we preach Christ crucified; a stumbling
                     block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles.
                   
                             [1 Corinthians 1 v18-23 ]



No comments: