verse of the day

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Be a witness [Acts 1 v 8]

In Acts 1 v8 we read,'' But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses.'' Just recently I thought I have not witnessed to any body for a while, I was in a particular place and I started a conversation ,and later on I thought why did I not tell him about Jesus?. Yes it nice being friendly, but it is vital that people come to know Jesus, but you may say I don't want to be seen as a religious crank, I do not want them to cross over unto the other side of the road, when they see me coming. Well what about when you are at work, now of course you are there to work, but there will be opportunities, to witness. Yes our lives must witness, we must be Christians who live honest and upright lives ,like Daniel.[ 6 v 4]. But we must manifest the reality of Christ in our live, and that reality may open the opportunity to tell people about Christ. Let us remember that faith comes by hearing the word of God, how will hear if we do not tell them?. Be wise, and gentle in your witness, be prayerful, be an example, yes be a witness for Jesus,

                                         A prayer.
Dear God help us by your Spirit to be a witness for you with our lives and
with our words,for Jesus sake Amen.

No comments: