verse of the day

Monday 8 May 2017

There is a better day coming [Revelation21 v 5 ]

I know there is much that is lovely in this world, I am blessed, in so many ways, I look at my latest grandson and am blest, the Lord is good, praise His name. Yet we all know that there is so much pain in the world, the list is long, famine ,war's. I read recently read this about the country of Colombia,
one third of the children ,of all children are anaemic, stunted growth affects 13percent of  children under 5.There are an estimated 150,000 people[all ages] living with HIV. Domestic violence is high, sexual abuse of children, plus the poverty, and the drug lords. I mention Colombia but every  country,
is plagued by the effects of the fall when sin entered this world. There is no guarantee that it will change, in spite of all the advances we have made. I don't despair although it causes me a great deal of sadness, because as a
Christian, I am assured by Gods word that there is a better day coming,
when Jesus will make all things new[Revelation 21v1-4 ]I cannot fully
comprehend what  this will mean, but it will be wonderful, there will be no more evil statistics, no more worries. Yes there is a better day coming, you can be part of it ,by trusting Jesus as your Saviour.

                                       A  prayer.
Dear God have mercy on this needy world, so much  is tainted with sin, so much sadness, but we thank you that there is a better day coming because of Jesus ,Amen

No comments: