verse of the day

Tuesday 14 November 2017

The source of evil ( Jeremiah 17 v 9 )


                Our Saviour knew the source of evil, the people who opposed Him, where very
                religious,they observed all the religious feast.They prayed,  read Gods word
                kept the Sabbath,kept the food laws,etc,etc,etc.They also laid great store at being
                children of Abraham,true blue Jews,yet Jesus knew the source of evil. Do you?
                This is what He said out of the heart,yes out of the heart,the source of our being
                out of the heart comes evil thoughts, murder, adultery,sexual immorality, theft,
                false testimony,slander.Yes He knows us better than we know ourselves ,why do I
                pray everyday,Lord create in me a clean heart,yes a clean heart ,?, because although I
                am a Christian, I have evil thoughts, evil desires,and I know how they can so easy
                take over. We are told let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he falls( 1
                Corinthians 10 v 12 ) . In Proverbs  4 v 23 )we read ,' Above all else, guard your
                guard'.Wise words,what are you putting into your heart? what am I putting into my
                heart?.  In  Proverbs  23 v 26  ,we read  'My Son (Daughter) give  me your heart,
                will you ?, I remember a little prayer children would pray when they trusted
                Jesus as Saviour,why don't you pray it, right now.

                                                     Come into my heart Lord Jesus.
                                                     come into day, come into stay
                                                     come into my heart Lord Jesus.
                                                                    Amen.














             

No comments: