verse of the day

Thursday 8 February 2018

No other gods. (Isaiah 40 )

In Isaiah 46 v 9 - 10,we have God declaring , ''I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is to come''. First of all we are told, ' I am God ,and there is no other'', these words challenge a belief in the existence of other gods. So when the religions of this world ,pray to their gods , they are praying to nothing, for no other god exists. There is only one God, and further still ,there is only one Saviour Jesus, who left us in no doubt of this when he declared ,that He was the way the truth and the life,and no one could unto the Father but by Him. ( 14 v 6 ).Next we read,''I  am God, and there is none like me''.which reminds us that God is unique in His being, yet people do try to make God fit into their little box, such efforts   are forbidden (  Exodus 20 v 4 ). Next we read , '' I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is to come''.Here we have the all known God, who not only knows the future, but also has a plan. Unlike ,Open theism who believe that God does not plan, or know all the future, but leaves much of it, ''open''.God reigns  He has not surrendered  His rule over this world,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            GOD RULES.

No comments: