verse of the day

Thursday 5 April 2018

Fear (1 John 5 v 13 )

I am not sure what causes one to have a fear of heights, I confess I have, I often think about,it is not extreme,I have travelled on the London eye,and walked across a rope bridge in Ulster,and received a certificate for doing it. I have no fear of travelling by air,but I still have a fear of heights,it appears to me that it is more to do with looking up into the vast heavens. I cannot account for this fear,it is irrational ,but it is real as is a fear of spiders, and so many other fears. As a Christian should I not be ashamed of having such a fear?,no  , I am a Christian by Gods grace,fears and all,because it does not inhibit me to much I do not worry about it.it does not put in a place of condemnation,except by some very religious people, but not before God. But there are fears we should not live with,though many people do, I remember a lady kept phoning me,as regards her salvation,or should I say,that she wasn't saved, no matter how much I tried to assure her as regards her salvation, it was to no avail. If we trusted  Jesus as Saviour,then God has saved you, of course we must show the evidence of  salvation   good works,perseverance,love .They are evidence ,that we are saved,but they do not save us, it is Christ and His finished work on the cross that saves, nothing else.If we are trusting in Him ,He declares that we have eternal life. ( John 10 v 27 - 30 )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Now have I found the ground wherein                                                                                                      My anchor,hope shall firm remain,                                                                                                            The wounds of Jesus,for my sin                                                                                                                Before the world's foundation slain;                                                                                                          Whose mercy shall unshaken stay,                                                                                                            When heaven and earth are fled away.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Jesus, I know, has died,has died for me;                                                                                                    Here is my hope,my joy,my rest;                                                                                                              Hither ,when Hell assails,I flee,                                                                                                                I look into my Saviour's breast,                                                                                                                  Away, sad doubt and anxious fear;                                                                                                            Mercy and love are written there.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Though  waves and storms go o'er my head,                                                                                            Though strength and health and friends be gone,                                                                                      Though joys be withered all and dead                                                                                                        And every comfort be withdrawn,                                                                                                            Steadfast on this my soul relies,                                                                                                                Redeeming love never dies.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Fixed on this ground I will remain                                                                                                            Though my heart fail and flesh decay;                                                                                                      This anchor shall my soul sustain,                                                                                                            When earth's foundations melt away ;                                                                                                      Mercy's full power I then shall prove,                                                                                                        Loved with an everlasting love.                                                                                                                   (  Words......J.A.Rothe  )

No comments: